American Shaun Torrente as the Qatar Team taking the field by storm winning his first of the season and the second of his career in route to a 10.32 second margin ford Frenchman Philipe Chiappe. Mad-Croc Baba Racinf Team´s Sami Seliö climb up in front of thousands of race fans along the corniche at the Grand Prix of Middle East on Doha Bay from eight position to third.
For Shaun Torrente, he was over the moon with his most important career victory, “My boat was on rails and I really want to thank my crew for making it a winnable package,” said Shaun.
Meanwhile, just behind Shaun was a another driver on a mission with Frenchman Philippe Chiappe of the CTIC China Team finishing runner-up for the second time in Doha this year and now sits second in the drivers championship with 30 points and just one ahead of Torrente.
Third on the afternoon was a more relaxed two-time World Champion Sami Seliö of Finland as the Mad Croc Baba Team driver charged up from eighth position off the start dock to hold off Swedish driver Jonas Andersson taking fourth just ahead of Italian veteran Francesco Cantando and rookie Erik Stark sixth in another solid performance.
– We came back a long way today, said Sami.
– We used a few of the re-starts in our favor and then didn’t give ground and for me my first podium of the season is a big step forward for our program and we are still alive in the championship as well.
Sami´s team mate young Finnish driver Filip Roms was ninth with the Mad Croc Baba Team.
Middle East GP, Doha, Qatar:
1. Shaun Torrente (QAT) Qatar Team 36 kierrosta
2. Philippe Chiappe (FRA) CTIC China Team – 10,32
3. Sami Seliö (FIN) Mad-Croc Baba Racing Team – 14,77
9. Filip Roms (FIN) Mad-Croc Baba Racing Team – 1 kierros